- Sika Balcons
- Sika 550w Elasticised Paint
- Dulux Weathershield Gloss
- Concrete repairs
What did Ormonde Court require?
Ormonde Court is a large complex of prestigious private apartment blocks situated on the Upper Richmond Road, Putney. Built in the 1930's the 5 storey apartment blocks were in need of substantial external refurbishment. The main issues to be addressed were the leaking balconies, large areas of damaged render, the brickwork was generally in a poor state and the external paintwork. The externals of the building had obviously not been maintained for a number of years.
What did MC Designers do?
J C Francis the management Company for the building appointed DHP property consultants to manage the works and MC Designers won the tender as principal contractors.
To complete the project, MC Designers undertook the following:
- Erecting a five tier external scaffold to gain the correct access and once this was erected a thorough inspection was performed which highlighted the neglect of maintenance with many areas requiring treatment or replacing.
- Jet washing the building exterior and treating for staining where required. Deteriorated concrete was removed and the repairs were completed using the Sika embedment mortar, which would be compatible for any of the areas that were to be painted.
- Treating exposed steal works for corrosion and all external areas except the brick works were painted using Sika 550W a specialised elastic coating designed to be used for concrete, mortar, stucco, masonry and exterior finishing systems subject to dynamic movement.
- Replacing damaged bricks and areas of pointing were renewed.
- Undertaking window repairs where necessary before priming and glossing all window frames using the Dulux Weathershield range.
- Use the Sika Balcons range to address the balcony dis-repair. This consists of a four coat application used with embedded fibreglass reemat to completely waterproof the areas and a coating of sand applied in the third coat to offer a non-slip finish.