What did Nelson's require?
Nelsons is a family-owned business and the UK’s largest manufacturer of natural healthcare products, established for 150 years this global company has its European head office situated in Wimbledon. With 100+ employees the maintenance of this prestigious building is an ongoing requirement.
What did MC Designers do?
M C Designers have been awarded a revolving maintenance contract for minor works but have completed a number of larger projects throughout the building including:
- Full refurbishment of the toilets on four floors from complete strip out and coordination of plumbing, carpentry and electrics to install Saniflow systems, new toilets, basins, hand dryers, work tops and lighting prior to plastering the walls ready for new tiles and toilet cubicles. Works were phased to help minimalize disruption to the working environment.
- Design and manufacture a bespoke office for one of the directors. Once the design had been approved MC arranged for the components of the rear wall & desk units to be CNC created ina dark walnut finish. These were assembled on site by our carpenters, encompassing heavy duty filing systems and housing a safe these were finished to a very high standard.
- Repositioning of the 2nd floor open office required labour, electricians & carpet layers to be in over a weekend to work from floor plans. The desks were removed from the area and the data sockets were repositioned where required and new fitted and wired to accommodate additional desks, this had to be coordinated with the IT department to ensure the that all sockets would have access to the network. New carpet tiles to match existing were fitted prior to the new desk layout being installed.
- A new table to accommodate 16 people was CNC manufactured and installed to the board room area.
- Decoration of the foyer area included works to the external main entrance using masonry paint and gloss, the opportunity was also taken to re-polish the brass fittings on the front door. The foyer and communal staircases painted in a Dulux emulsion were completed out of hours to offer the least disruption