Job Opening: Senior Construction Estimator – Direct NO Agencies or third parties
We are very pleased to announce we are looking to expand our team and are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to manage the commercial side of our business. The successful candidate will be reporting and working closely with our Company Director who is hugely ambitious for himself and his company and is looking for the same attitude and work ethic/ambition.
The successful candidate needs to have experience and good construction/commercial knowledge and able to work within part of a team and our client base (new/existing) along with managing sub-contractors. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the company in achieving positive outcomes and service excellence. The main role will involve estimating activities for construction work and refurbishment tenders and quotes ranging from £1k to £1m to include site visits, tender response/preparation and costings.
You will be keen to develop your skills and expertise and become part of a team. You will demonstrate a passion and excitement for your work and have the ability to tackle problems head on and work to resolve them without delay. Mainly based in and around central London (offices in both London/West Sussex) however the successful candidate will be expected to travel where required. You will work with many ‘Blue Chip’ clients such as Art Galleries and Royal Household and will be presentable and polite.
- Evaluate tender enquiries
- Estimating work value from site visits, drawings, specification, etc. and secure new business
- Preparation of tender estimates, with all supporting documentation to include applying labour outputs and rates
- Obtaining quotes from sub-contractors • Site meetings with the client and our Site Foreman/Contract Manager
- Management of all cost reports, cash flow forecasts, sub-contract and materials procurement schedules
- Attend project debrief meetings, providing your expert advice where required
- File management
Education and Experience:
- Qualified to at least diploma level in Estimating or similar subject which is backed up with good levels of experience operating within a similar role and environment
- Have strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Must have is experience in first principles estimating in construction i.e. plant, labour, material.
- An ability to work in a high-pressure environment and a self-motivator with excellent pre-contract technical cost and commercial management skills, you will be articulate in written and oral English communication
- Have excellent IT skills
- Be able to work on their own initiative but remembering at all times they are working as part of a team
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
- To increase team efficiency
- Contribute to the growth of the business
- Protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company
- Accuracy in your approach is an absolute necessity
Attractive package and becoming part of a driving team, including salary, pension, mobile phone, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) Laptop.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following:
- Full contact information, including a daytime contact telephone number and email address
- A cover letter containing reasons why you would be suitable for the role